Long Long Weekend

If anyone sees my liver please tell it I miss it and I’m very sorry and please come back. We were meant for each other.

Friday night I met up with Adam and Jo and headed to 75th Street Brewery for a little boozin and that was a lot of fun. Quiet night, but lots of good talk and beer and pretzels.

Saturday Adam gave me a hand putting on the last piece of my new bumper, so now my car is complete again. It’s nice to have it back. I missed it. After that I ran down to the homebrew store and got ingredients to make some beer! It’s been a long while but Adam and Jo got me a gift certificate for the homebrew store for my birthday so I figured it was about time. I bought the stuff to try to clone Skinny Dip from New Belgium which is my new favorite beer. After that I went and bought a few new games and Adam and I did some killin’ for the rest of the evening.
JoLynn and Sarah stopped by later on to get keys and to show off Sarah who is ultra-pregnant. She looks great, and that baby looks like it’s ready to come out.

Sunday I had to do chores cause my planned Monday brewing session had ballooned into grilling and a house party. So I mowed the front and back lawns, cleaned up a ton of trash, pruned down some of the flora and just generally cleaned up the house. A few hours later Adam and Jo were feeling bored so we decided to go rent a boat and spend a few hours at the lake.

We went up to Smithville cause I’ve rented there before and it was nice. Loaded up the waverunner and we headed out. By time we got there, and found the right marina it was already 4pm and we could only keep the boat till 6. We got it anyway and started to head out to the lake. Adam was driving the boat and I was on my waverunner.

We had been talking earlier about how funny it would be if we saw Chris and Nicole and a few minutes outside of the no wake zone I saw JoLynn pointing and waving at another pontoon boat. I went over to investigate and it was Chris and Nicole! They were out with a ton of their friends and I rudely begged them to let us join them once we returned our boat. It worked out really well. We got to hang on a much nicer boat for the rest of the evening, and had a great time hanging with everyone, and they got to go for awesome rides with me on my waverunner. Chris was the only one sober enough to ride it himself, which he did, and I think he fell in love.

When we eventually bailed out of there we picked up some pizza, headed back to my place and called it a night. Or so I thought! Adam and Jo left and after I cleaned up some I went to bed. I felt super tired but I couldn’t fall asleep. Lake called me around 10:30pm and asked me to come up to Sidepockets so I got dressed and went up there and met him and his friends. They were all completely trashed so I did my best to catch up.

I did pretty good 🙂

Monday I woke up feeling like hell, but I had a busy day ahead of me so I spent an hour or two bringing myself to life and then I hit the road. If I was going to be grilling I needed a grill. I bought a pretty nice, but cheap, propane grill and brought that home just in time for Adam and Jo to arrive for brewing.

Brewing went pretty well, and while I did that Adam built the new grill and Jo cleaned the house. I have great friends 🙂 JoLynn also did a bunch of shopping for the party and she found some Kaffir Lime Leaves, which I really wanted to add to the beer. They took off to get cleaned up while I finished the beer and then people started showing up to party!

The house party was thrown together kind of at the last minute and I was afraid it would be a flop but once everyone got plenty of food in their bellies and started the drinking it turned into the house party of the century. Seemed like it at least. I didn’t crawl into bed until like 6:00am and there were still a few people partying at that point. Lots of fun!

I woke up around 3pm on Tuesday with Tony calling me to come drink some sangria. I wasn’t much feeling the sangria but I did want some food, so I went to his place for a cookout for a few hours. I even got a few sips of sangria in… and it hurt. Spent the rest of the day just chilling, cleaning the house, doing laundry and healing up from the previous three days. Around 10pm I hopped on my bike and rode out to Parkville to catch the last 15 minutes or so of their fireworks show which was really cool. Lots of other fireworks on the way too.

So, my weekend was a blast. I didn’t have any plans at all on Friday afternoon and ended up busy every day of the long weekend. Very cool. Everything was just super great until 2:30am Wednesday morning…

That was when I woke up feeling like the side of my face was gonna fall off. I have had a few problems with my wisdom teeth in the past and I guess the bottom right side one decided it was time to stop fucking around. So my life was pure misery until about 2:30 this afternoon. I got in with a dentist (first time in 7 years or so) and they went to work. Unfortunately the gum around the bad tooth is infected, so I got antibiotics for that but she offered to pull one of the other teeth while I was there and it sounded like such a good time that I went ahead.

It wasn’t really that bad at all. I got rid of the top right one and I go back next Thursday to get rid of the bottom right and bottom left. I guess the pain probably hasn’t really set in yet, but I’m not worried about it. I have a bottle of Vicodin and a bottle of Gatorade and all the time in the world 🙂

2 thoughts on “Long Long Weekend”

  1. How are you gettin’ yer wisdom teeth out after me? I got dry sockets …. beware!!

Comments are closed.